With summer upon us, hot meals are out and salads are in!
The following tuna salad provides a versatile option which could be used as a main meal, an easy packed lunch, or for hungry family members to help themselves to whenever they want!
Choose tuna in spring water as a lower salt option.
Tuna rice salad
- Approximately 900g/2lb cold cooked rice (about 400g/14oz uncooked rice)
- 400g tuna in spring water
- 200g frozen petits pois, defrosted
- 2 red peppers, peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna. Then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, and parsley.
- Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Cover the bowl with cling film or place in a large plastic container and enjoy!