Tasty renal meals don’t have to be complicated or take long to prepare. You can often make something simple that you can keep in the fridge and will last you several meals.
Tuna pasta salad
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 90g pasta – shells or twirls
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise – reduced fat options are available
- 1 small can of tuna – in spring water
- 1 spring onion – sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons of sweetcorn – Tinned in water or frozen
- 5cm of cucumber – diced
Cook the pasta and allow to cool.
Add the vegetables and drained tuna.
Combine with mayonnaise
Season with pepper
Tips: Tinned foods don’t have to be unhealthy. Tuna tinned in spring water is very low in salt and has no added fat. It can be keep in the cupboard for many weeks so take advance of this any time you see it on offer