In our continuing series of CKD friendly recipes from the renal dietitians at Salford Royal, Maggie Farragher has provided a recipe for Tandoori Bites. This recipe is nice to have if enjoying a barbecue during the summer. It is tasty and easy to make.
- lean beef chopped into chunks – 225g / 9oz
- curry powder – 1 tablespoon
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- crème fraiche- 3 tablespoons
- freshly chopped mint – 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chopped meat, mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate.
- Marinade for at least 30 min (max 4 hours)
- Remove the meat and thread onto metal skewers.
- Cook under a preheated grill or barbeque for approximately 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Developed from resources by the Irish Kidney Diet website, produced by the INDI (Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute)