Prawn layered salad (serves 1)
If you are required to follow a low phosphate diet, remember to have prawns in moderation only. Your dietitian can advise you further if you are unsure.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Baby Gem lettuce, shredded
- 195g can sweetcorn
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ small cucumber, de-seeded and diced
- 100g cooked prawns
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Layer the salad in a bowl. Start with the lettuce, then add the sweetcorn, carrot, and cucumber. Finish with the prawns.
- Mix the mayonnaise and tomato ketchup with a dash of Tabasco sauce, then pour over the top of the salad. Enjoy!
Modified with thanks for CKD patients from this recipe from the BBC Good Food website.