On the day that England play Sweden in the quarter final of the 2018 World Cup, it seems appropriate to share Abbey Chapman’s renal friendly recipe for Creamy Swedish Meatballs. Abbey is a dietitian at Salford Royal Foundation Trust and has adapted this recipe from the BBC Good Food website.
Creamy Swedish Meatballs
Serves 4, great with mashed potatoes and a portion of boiled veg like broccoli or carrot.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 450g pork mince
- 1 egg yolk
- Black pepper to season
- 3 sprigs dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3-4 tablespoons soured cream
- Mix together the onion, pork, egg yolk, black pepper and half the dill in a bowl. Lightly wet your hands, then shape the mixture into 12 balls, each about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Tip in the meatballs and fry, turning often, for about 12-15 minutes until golden all over. Mix together the sour cream and remaining dill, and spoon over the meatballs.